This documentation includes hardware info, installation guidelines and sample code for your hardware.
Turta Environmental Module measures temperature, relative humidity, pressure, and gas resistance. Its driver calculates altitude if pressure at the sea level is given. User software can sense air quality. This module carries Bosch Sensortec BME680 environmental sensor.
- I2C: SCL and SDA.
- POWER: +3.3V and GND.
BME680's technical specifications are as follows:
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 85 °C
- Operating humidity range: 0 to 100% RH
- Operating pressure range: 300 to 1100 hPa
- Temperature accuracy: ± 0.5 °C at 25 °C
- Humidity accuracy: ± 3% rH
- Pressure noise: 0.12 Pa, equiv. to 1.7 cm
- Factory calibrated.
Environmental Module is an add-in board for Turta Modular System. You'll need a compatible host device for your module. The following devices support Environmental Module:
- Turta IoT Node - ESP32
- Turta Modular HAT for Raspberry Pi
The temperature sensor is sensitive to surrounding temperatures. It is recommended to avoid overloading host device to keep it cool. So please ensure air flow to the sensor, e.g., open enough ventilation holes for the sensor and the host board. Besides, relative humidity is being calculated by using temperature reading. So, the temperature is also affecting relative humidity readings.